Alex4D Animation Transitions - 120 Final Cut Pro X plugins
Need to animate while editing your story? Alex4D Animation Transitions is a pack of Final Cut Pro X transitions you can use to easily animate graphics, text and clips onto and off the screen.
Add instant character to logos, text, graphic elements and even video clips by springing, bouncing, sliding and skidding them onto and off the screen.
Try before you buy using the free FxFactory post-production app store application.
- Spin, scale and fade clips onto the screen
- Move clips from any location: drag on-screen control to choose
- Change animation speed and timing without using keyframes by dragging transitions in the timeline
- Animate overlaid logos
- Animate titles
- Animate connected stills and videos
- Animate between full-screen clips in the main storyline
- Animate between clips in secondary storylines
- Animate off the screen using the same settings, or opposite settings to keep clips moving, spinning and scaling in the same direction as they animated on
- Scale and spin around around any point on the screen: drag on-screen control to choose
- Divide clips into two and control the timing and animation of each part seperately
- Crop animations
- Works in all resolutions from 480p up to 5K and higher
- Works at any frame rate
- Works in any aspect ratio: landscape 20:1, 16:9, 4:3, square and portrait 3:4, 9:16, 1:20
- 32 page PDF manual (10.6MB)
Alex4D Animation Transitions comes with 120 plugins. Transitions range from subtle and straightforward presets for editors who want quick results to complex and fully-customisable presets for designers who want instant advanced motion graphics in the Final Cut Pro X timeline.
25 minutes tutoriel vidéo en français par YakYakYak.fr.
Traducción de esta pagina en español por Final Cut Argentina.
Buy now for $49
Download free trial
A fully-functional trial version of Alex4D Animation Transitions is available through the FxFactory post-production app store. The trial version includes all 120 transitions and a 32 page PDF manual.
If you don’t have FxFactory, click the ‘Download FxFactory’ button.
A little more help on installing FxFactory.
Restart Final Cut Pro X to see a new ‘Alex4D Animation’ category in the Transitions Browser.
Removing the watermarks
Trial version transitions include a watermark. To remove the watermark, click the Buy button in Final Cut Pro, or in the FxFactory application, click the price button next to the Animation Transitions icon in the Alex4D section of the catalog. If you have entered your credit card and billing information, a dialogue box will appear to confirm your purchase. For more information on activating Alex4D Animation Transitions, visit the FxFactory website.
To make an instant animation:
- Position the playhead over a connected title, graphic or clip in the timeline
- Double-click one of 120 Alex4D Animation transitions.
Or drag an Alex4D Animation transition to the connected clip of your choice.
If the connected clip isn’t already part of a storyline, this method will put the connected clip into its own storyline, adding the transition to the start and finish of the clip.
If you want to use the transition to animate a connected clip off the screen, open the inspector, select the transition at the end of the clip and change its Kind to Out.
As these plugins are transitions, you can quickly change their duration and timing by dragging in the timeline.
You can quickly customise the animation using on-screen controls with a few clicks of your mouse.
For more customisation there are many more settings available in the transition inspector. Once you are happy with how an animation looks, you can very quickly apply it to other clips and titles by holding down the Option key (also marked alt on some keyboards) and dragging your customised transition:
For detailed documentation, download the 32 page PDF manual:
Here is what 87 of the transitions look like when applied to Emoji titles:
They also work very well with titles:
Want to have a play with these transitions?
Install the trial version using FxFactory and then download this Final Cut Pro X library that has the project that was used to create the Emoji video:
OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 or later.
Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2 or later.
If you have Final Cut Pro X 10.0.0 or later, you can use the Mac App Store to upgrade for free to the current version
Alex4D Animation Transitions does not work with earlier versions of Final Cut Pro (5, 6 or 7), or any other video editing application.
Thank you to Matt Andrews, Matt Davis and Suzanne Cohen for elements of the promotional video.
Some footage provided by Editstock.com. Editstock has raw footage for schools and individuals to practice editing with.