Admin tool distributes Apple’s additional content for Logic Pro X, GarageBand and MainStage 3
If you are comfortable with Python and building packages on GitHub, version 3.0 of Appleloops is available.
It is for those who administer large networks of Macs that have Apple’s audio editing applications installed. Don’t understand the following requirements? Appleloops isn’t for you:
- Any version of Python from 2.7.10 onwards.
- Deploying packages will require any or a combination of these apps to be installed (the packages run checks at install time to check):
- Logic Pro X.
- MainStage 3.
- If a local HTTP mirror is being used, appleloops expects to find the packages in the same folder path as they exist on the Apple audio content servers.
- If a local Caching Server is being used, you will need to provide the correct Caching Server address.
- Your firewall/proxy must whitelist https://audiocontentdownload.apple.com
- Whitelisting https://raw.githubusercontent.com
- Access to https://audiocontentdownload.apple.com is a requirement.
- Proxies may need to be managed via environment variables set prior to running the utility.